April 3, 2020 8:50:46 pm
Bollywood celebrites, from Malaika Arora to Shilpa Shetty, have proven us previously how one can do sirsasana or head stand. However this yoga pose requires power and precision. In case you had been hoping to do this yoga asana, you can comply with movie star nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar’s tips on how one can do it.
Diwekar just lately shared a newbie’s information on how one can do sirsasana on Instagram.
Sirsasana is one thing which prevents untimely ageing, Diwekar, who’s herself a yoga fanatic and was skilled for this asana by BKS Iyengar, stated in a video she shared. “It retains your mind and all your sensory organs energetic and alert. It additionally helps with pores and skin well being and extra importantly the well being of the reproductive system,” she added.
Learn how to do sirsasana
For this, discover a place with a wall. You additionally want a yoga mat and a blanket. Diwekar talked about the next steps:
1. In case you are carrying glasses, rings, bangles or a watch, take away them earlier than beginning the asana. Preserve them far-off from the mat in order that you don’t fall on any of those in case you lose stability.
2. Take one fringe of the mat and fold it as much as the opposite aspect. Repeat it to make one other fold. Place the folded mat near the wall.
3. Should you should not have a yoga mat, you should utilize a blanket.
4. Sit within the vajrasana place (kneel and sit in your legs). Widen your knees barely and place your elbows parallel to your shoulders on the mat or blanket firmly, preserving your arms prolonged.
5. Interlock the fingers. Place the crown of your head on the mat or blanket, supporting it with the interlocked fingers.
6. Carry your knees and shoulder blades off the ground regularly.
7. On this place, convey your toes nearer to your face such that your head and again are in a straight line and your thighs are positioned towards your abdomen.
8. Carry one leg up, adopted by the opposite. Step by step, strive lifting each legs concurrently. In case you are unable to do it, use the wall for help by lifting your legs and putting them towards it.
9. While you be taught to elevate the legs with out help, elevate them additional above your head and prolong them.
10. Use the help of the wall to convey your legs down.
Check out the video:
Would you want to do this asana?
📣 The Indian Categorical is now on Telegram. Click on here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and keep up to date with the newest headlines
© IE On-line Media Companies Pvt Ltd