!1 New ReplaceClick on right here for up to date updates
47 new COVID-19 instances reported in Chandigarh within the final 24 hours
The overall variety of optimistic instances stands at 14,085 so far, with 633 lively instances, 13,230 cured instances, and 222 deaths: Union Territory Well being Division
Authorities of India to supply 270 MT of meals support to Sudan, South Sudan, Djibouti and Eritrea, affected by pure calamities and COVID19 pandemic: Ministry of Exterior Affairs
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and US Secretary of Defence Mark Esper have expressed satisfaction that settlement of BECA (Primary Change and Cooperation Settlement) shall be signed through the go to: Defence Ministry
“The repeated rejection of bail software of Nirav Modi is the results of glorious coordination between the CBI, MEA and UK’s Crown Prosecution Service (CPS),” says a CBI official
Supreme Courtroom bench headed by the Chief Justice going to pronounce its verdict tomorrow on a Plea searching for structure of a Particular Investigation Crew (SIT) comprising sitting & retired judges of the Supreme Courtroom to look at the brutal gangrape of a 19 yearl previous lady in Hathras, UP
Right now round 3.30 pm, a CRPF Jawan shot himself along with his service weapon close to Pakistan Excessive Fee in Delhi. He was despatched to AIIMS Trauma centre by his colleagues & is at present being operated upon. Additional inquiry is happening: Delhi Police
Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan writes to Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu and Maharastra concerning the necessity for direct procurement of greens like onions, tomatoes and potatoes.
A UK court docket rejects bail plea of fugitive diamantaire Nirav Modi for the seventh time
Andhra Pradesh stories 1,901 new COVID-19 instances and 19 deaths
Complete instances within the state enhance to eight,08,924 out of which 28,770 are lively sufferers. 6,606 deaths reported until date.
364 new COVID-19 instances (147 from Jammu & 217 from Kashmir), 627 recoveries (229 from Jammu & 398 from Kashmir) & 6 deaths reported from J&Ok at present. Complete optimistic instances now at 92,225, together with 7,296 lively instances, 83,485 recoveries & 1,444 deaths.
Rajasthan stories 1,805 new COVID-19 infections, out of which 352 are from Jaipur
Complete instances are 1,88,048 out of which 16,233 are lively sufferers. 1,853 deaths reported.
A self-reliant India may also be a pressure multiplier for the world economic system. Vitality safety is on the core of our efforts: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
A Delhi court docket permits Haryana MLA Gopal Goyal Kanda’s plea searching for to quash a Justice of the Peace court docket order, which issued summon towards him as accused in abetment-to-suicide of a former flight attendant’s mom.
Considerations have been expressed by some candidates about outcomes of Air Power Widespread Admission Check (AFCAT) 02/2020. Integrity & correctness of course of was rechecked & no discrepancy discovered. Total end result era course of is automated with out human intervention: Indian Air Power
Kerala stories 4,287 new COVID-19 instances taking lively instances to 93,747: Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan
Turkey’s Erdogan requires boycott of French items
Puducherry stories 144 new COVID-19 infections taking whole instances to 34,336 out of which 3,758 are lively sufferers. Complete of 588 deaths reported.
Bihar’s corona graph falls with variety of lively instances dropping beneath 10000 at present to 9600 and restoration charge is touching 95%
Kotak Mahindra Financial institution Exec Says Open To Acquisition As A Development Avenue
PDP leaders TS Bajwa, Ved Mahajan & Hussain A Waffa resign from the occasion
In a letter to occasion pres Mehbooba Mufti they state that they’re ‘feeling fairly uncomfortable over a few of her actions and undesirable utterances specifically which harm patriotic sentiments’.
Shiv Sena’s yesterday Dussehra rally was like a flop movie on OTT platform. Uddhav Thackeray in contrast his Hindutva with RSS Hindutva. His Hindutva is now adulterated after going with Congress & NCP. Sure, Uddhav must take Hindutva certificates from RSS: Ashish Shelar, BJP chief
US delegation led by US Secretary of Defence, Mark Esper, meets Indian delegation led by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh in Delhi.
#WATCH: US delegation led by US Secretary of Defence, Mark Esper, meets Indian delegation led by Defence Minister R… https://t.co/WoFVk4hj1J
— ANI (@ANI) 1603707400000
Iran stories COVID-19 dying each 5 minutes
Kremlin accuses Joe Biden of spreading hatred of Russia with menace discuss
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) is organising a 200-kilometre Walkathon below Match India Motion, ranging from Indo-Pak border in Jaisalmer, from thirty first October to 2nd November.
US Secretary of Defence, Mark Esper being accorded Guard of Honour at South Block
Delhi: US Secretary of Defence, Mark Esper being accorded Guard of Honour at South Block. He was acquired by Defenc… https://t.co/hXgzJUf50v
— ANI (@ANI) 1603705132000
Union Street Transport & Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurates NHAI’s new constructing in Nagpur, Maharashtra via video conferencing
Satyendar Jain to fulfill mayors of all 3 municipal firms protesting exterior CM Kejriwal’s residence for non-payment of salaries
Saudi vitality minister says lack of conformity, dedication would undermine Opec+ settlement: Reuters
Apple provider Luxshare unnerves Foxconn as U.S.-China feud speeds provide chain shift
The challenge was initiated by Foxconn’s founder Terry Gou, in response to one of many sources, to focus on Dongguan-based Luxshare, which is little-known internationally however is poised to develop into the primary mainland China-headquartered agency to assemble iPhones – a turf till now dominated by Taiwanese producers.
Rupee settles 23 paise decrease at 73.84 (provisional) towards US greenback
Earthquake of magnitude 3.6 on the Richter scale hit Shimla in Himachal Pradesh at 1:20 pm at present
Nationwide Heart for Seismology
HC refuses blanket order on plea by Unitech MD to permit bodily presence for mediation
- The Delhi Excessive Courtroom has refused to move a blanket order on a plea by Unitech MD Sanjay Chandra, who’s lodged in Tihar Jail for allegedly dishonest dwelling consumers, searching for to allow him to be produced bodily earlier than the meditation centre to settle disputes.
- Justice Vibhu Bakhru mentioned the court docket was of the view that “no such blanket order will be handed” on this regard.
US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and his spouse, Susan Pompeo, arrive in Delhi
US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and his spouse, Susan Pompeo, arrive in Delhi. US Secretary of State Michael P… https://t.co/DGRzow9uP0
— ANI (@ANI) 1603700587000
Oxford COVID-19 vaccine trials produce sturdy immune response in aged, stories Monetary Occasions
- The COVID-19 vaccine being developed by the College of Oxford and AstraZeneca produces a sturdy immune response in aged folks, the Monetary Occasions mentioned on Monday, citing early outcomes.
- A vaccine that works is seen as a game-changer within the battle towards the novel coronavirus, which has killed greater than 1.15 million folks, hammered the worldwide economic system and shuttered regular life internationally.
Air air pollution is just not an issue of simply AAP or Delhi authorities, hope opposition leaders may also be part of efforts to sort out it
– Delhi Atmosphere Minister Gopal Rai
Pakistan’s PM takes intention at Macron; asks Fb to ban Islamophobic content material
- Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan referred to as on Fb to ban Islamophobic content material on its platform, warning of a spike in radicalisation amongst Muslims, hours after he hit out on the French president for “attacking Islam”.
- Khan, in an open letter posted on Twitter on Sunday, mentioned “rising Islamophobia” was encouraging extremism and violence worldwide, particularly via social media platforms akin to Fb.
SC refuses to entertain a plea searching for a court-monitored CBI probe into the dying of actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s former supervisor, Disha Salian.
The Courtroom asks the petitioner to withdraw the plea and method Bombay Excessive Courtroom with it, stories ANI.
China to impose sanctions on U.S. corporations over Taiwan arms gross sales
- China will impose sanctions on U.S. entities taking part in U.S. arms gross sales to Taiwan, a international ministry spokesman mentioned on Monday.
- Lockheed Martin, Boeing Protection, and Raytheon shall be sanctioned, the spokesman, Zhao Lijian advised a information convention within the Chinese language capital.
SC declines petitions searching for implementation of fifty per cent Different Backward Lessons reservation in Tamil Nadu’s state-run medical faculties
SC junks United Breweries’ attraction, upholds winding up of UB as ordered by HC
Studies ET Now
Airtel rolls out cloud-based communications platform for biz; tunes into USD 1-bn market
- A cloud-based omni-channel communications platform, Airtel IQ, goals to allow manufacturers to deepen engagement with prospects via well timed and safe communication, an organization assertion mentioned, terming the transfer as a “recreation changer” for the fast-evolving Indian enterprise communication phase.
- The Indian cloud communications market, estimated at USD 1 billion, is seen rising practically 20 per cent yearly.
Uttarakhand: Colleges reopen for tenth, twelfth, mother and father permission obligatory to attend courses
Banks say its dues as much as Rs 11,000 cr not being cleared by Vijay Mallya owned corporations
DHFL committee of collectors assembly for the bancrupt monetary providers firm are assembly at present
Studies ET Now
Senior medical doctors of NDMC hospitals on day-long mass informal depart, threaten indefinite strike over pending salaries
– MCDA president R R Gautam
SC stays contempt proceedings towards Union minister Ramesh Pokhriyal
- The Supreme Courtroom on Monday stayed the contempt proceedings initiated towards Union minister Ramesh Pokhriyal for alleged non-compliance of the Uttarakhand Excessive Courtroom’s final yr order on fee of hire by former chief ministers of the state for occupying authorities lodging.
- A bench headed by Justice R F Nariman stayed the contempt proceedings on a plea filed by the Union Minister of Training.
1,480 new COVID-19 instances, 14 deaths & 2,071 recoveries reported in Odisha in final 24 hours
Future Group hints it could problem arbitration award placing RIL deal on maintain
SC stays MP HC order asking political events to conduct their marketing campaign just about as an alternative of bodily rallies for meeting bypolls
Maharashtra Deputy CM Ajit Pawar exams optimistic for COVID19, he’s admitted to a hospital in Mumbai: Workplace of Deputy CM
Telangana recorded 582 new COVID19 instances, 1,432 recoveries and 4 deaths
Coal rip-off case: Delhi court docket additionally awards 3-year jail time period to 2 senior officers of Ministry of Coal at the moment
SC asks CCI to go Excessive Courtroom to carry keep on probe towards Amazon and flipkart
Studies ET bureau
Former union minister Dilip Ray sentenced to 3-year jail time period by Delhi court docket in case associated to irregularities in coal block allocation
30-year-old TV actress arrested by Narcotics Management Bureau after she was allegedly caught shopping for medication in Mumbai
PM Modi to inaugurate the India Vitality Discussion board at present
Right now, PM Modi will inaugurate the India Vitality Discussion board by CERAWeek, now in its fourth yr. It’s hosted by IHS Markit, a world chief in essential info, analytics and options. The occasion will convene a world group of audio system and a group of over a thousand delegates from India and over 30 international locations, together with from regional vitality corporations, energy-related industries, establishments, and governments, stories ET Bureau.
Japan PM Suga units 2050 deadline for carbon neutrality
Rajnath-Esper bilateral assembly at 3:15pm at present forward of the two+2 Ministerial Assembly tomorrow
There’s additionally dinner for Secretary Pompeo and Secretary Esper being hosted by EAM Jaishankar & Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, stories ET Bureau.