!1 New ReplaceClick on right here for contemporary updates
French airstrikes kill over 50 Qaeda-linked jihadists in Mali
- The French authorities stated Monday its forces had killed greater than 50 jihadists aligned to Al-Qaeda in airstrikes in central Mali.
- The offensive came about on Friday in an space close to the borders of Burkina Faso and Niger, the place authorities troops are struggling to rout an Islamic insurgency, French Defence Minister Florence Parly stated after assembly members of Mali’s transitional authorities.
- “On October 30 in Mali, the Barkhane power carried out an operation that neutralised greater than 50 jihadists and confiscated arms and materials,” Parly stated, referring to the French-led anti-jihadist Operation Barkhane.
Indian Coast Guard ship C-452 to be commissioned immediately
- Rajan Bargotra, Extra Director Basic (Western Seaboard), will fee Indian Coast Guard’s (ICG) ship C-452 by means of video convention in Ratnagiri, Maharashtra on Tuesday.
- The ship was indigenously designed and constructed by Larsen & Toubro, Surat complying with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s imaginative and prescient of “Make in India” and “Atmanirbhar Bharat”.
Karnataka bypolls: Voting underway at RR Nagar, Sira
- Voting is underway for the bypolls to Rajarajeshwari Nagar and Sira meeting seats in Bengaluru and Tumakuru amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In keeping with info obtained from the workplace of the Chief Electoral Officer, polling began at 7 am and can proceed until 6 pm within the two constituencies with a voting inhabitants of 6,78,012, together with 3,26,114 ladies.
- The counting of votes will happen on November 10.
Chhattisgarh: Voting for Marwahi Meeting bypoll begins
- Polling started at 8 am and can finish at 6 pm and all COVID-19-related tips issued by the Election Fee of India are being adopted, an official stated.
- The tribal-dominated Marwahi seat is witnessing a straight struggle between the ruling Congress and opposition BJP.
- The bypoll for the Scheduled Tribes (ST)-reserved constituency was necessitated following the dying of sitting JCC (J) legislator and former chief minister Ajit Jogi on Could 29.
Gujarat: Voting for bypolls in 8 Meeting seats begins
- Polling started at 7 am and can finish at 6 pm, an official stated, including authorities are taking steps to verify the unfold of COVID-19 throughout voting.
- Altogether 81 candidates are in fray within the eight seats, which collectively have 18.75 lakh voters, he stated.
- As no more than 1,000 voters are allowed in a single sales space resulting from COVID-19 issues and tips of the Election Fee, 3,024 polling cubicles have been arrange, greater than in a standard situation.
Air high quality stays in ‘very poor’ class in Delhi
UP Meeting bypolls: Polling begins in seven seats
- Voting for bypolls to seven Meeting seats (Tundla, Ghatampur, Naugaon Sadat, Bulandshahr, Bangarmau, Deoria and Malhani) in Uttar Pradesh started on Tuesday morning amidst COVID-19 protocol and tight safety.
- The electoral fortune of 88 candidates, together with 9 ladies, might be determined by 24.34 lakh voters, together with 13.03 lakh male voters, in these bypolls.
- The voters will train their franchise at 3,655 polling cubicles unfold over 1,754 polling centres.
Voting begins for the second part of Bihar Meeting polls.
1463 candidates, together with RJD leaders Tejashwi Yadav and Tej Pratap Yadav, in fray for 94 seats throughout 17 districts.
Madhya Pradesh: Voting for bypolls in 28 Meeting seats begins
- Voting for bypolls in 28 Meeting seats in Madhya Pradesh started on Tuesday morning, an official stated.
- Polling started at 7 am and can finish at 6 pm, whereas adhering to the COVID-19 restrictions, the official stated.
- The final hour of voting might be for COVID-19 sufferers and folks suspected to be affected by the illness.
A Ebook of Condolence to be open for signing at Afghan Embassy in India
Following heinous assault at Kabul College that killed so many harmless lives, Afghan Govt has introduced immediately as “nationwide day of mourning”. A Ebook of Condolence to be open for signing at Afghan Embassy in India immediately from 10 AM–5 PM: Tahir Qadiry, Afghanistan’s Chargé d’Affaires
Voting begins for the by-election in 54 Meeting seats throughout 10 states.
28 seats in Madhya Pradesh, 8 in Gujarat, 7 in Uttar Pradesh, 2 every in Odisha, Nagaland, Karnataka & Jharkhand, and one seat every in Chhattisgarh, Telangana & Haryana going to polls immediately.
Not less than two killed in Vienna assault involving a number of assailants, places
- Two individuals have been killed after a number of gunmen opened hearth throughout central Vienna on Monday, and no less than one attacker remained on the run after what Chancellor Sebastian Kurz described as a “repulsive terrorist assault”.
- Inside Minister Karl Nehammer warned individuals to steer clear of the centre of town, including that border checks had been being bolstered and that youngsters wouldn’t be required to attend faculty on Tuesday.
- Nehammer stated in the beginning of the information convention that “a number of” individuals had been killed. An official later clarified that two individuals had been lifeless, a civilian and a suspected attacker.
Bihar: Mock ballot underway
Mock ballot underway at polling sales space 103 in Raghopur meeting constituency of Vaishali. RJD chief Tejashwi Yadav is contesting the state Meeting ballot from this constituency. Voting for the second part of Bihar polls might be held on 94 seats throughout 17 districts immediately.
Web companies briefly suspended in elements of Rajasthan in view of Gurjar protest
- Web companies have briefly been suspended in Kotputli, Patwa, Shahpura, Viratnagar, Jamwa Ramgarh, Madhorajpura, Dudu, and Mozamabad for twenty-four hours from 5 pm on Monday, in view of Gurjar protest.
- Members of the Gurjar group on Monday continued their protest demanding reservation in jobs and schooling as a ‘most backward class’ (MBC) group.
4.4 magnitude quake strikes Meghalaya’s West Khasi Hills
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 4.4 on the Richter Scale hit West Khasi Hills in Meghalaya on Tuesday, stated Nationwide Middle for Seismology.
- The earthquake struck at 1:13 am immediately. Additional particulars are awaited.
ECI makes particular preparations to make sure secure voting for Odisha bypolls
- In view of the continuing pandemic, the Election Fee of India (ECI) has made elaborate preparations to make sure secure voting for bypolls in two meeting constituencies of Odisha –Balasore and Tirtol on Tuesday, knowledgeable Chief Electoral Officer, Odisha Sushil Kumar Lohani.
- A complete of 4,67,579 lakh voters (2,37,284 in Tirtol and a couple of,30,297 in Balasore) are eligible to forged their vote in each constituencies.
World leaders step ahead in help for Austria as Vienna ‘terror assault’ continues
- Scores of nations and world leaders have are available in help of Austria because it continues to battle the continuing ‘terrorist assault’ at six totally different places within the nation.
- Not less than two died, together with one suspect, whereas a number of had been injured in a string of shootings throughout Vienna on Monday (native time).
Violin maestro TN Krishnan handed away in Chennai
- Violin maestro and Padma awardee TN Krishnan handed away in Chennai on the age of 92 on Monday night.
- He obtained many legendary awards like Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan and Sangeetha Kalanidhi. He carried out at 1000’s of musical live shows.