Seema Nanda has been named as a member of Joe Biden’s Presidential transition workforce in November 2020. Biden, who has been elected as the USA’ forty sixth President has chosen an Indian American, Nanda to assist with the transition over the US Division of Labor.
Listed below are the ten belongings you wished to find out about Seema Nanda
1. Nanda joined the Division of Labor in 2013 and served because the Deputy Chief of Employees and a senior counselor to Secretary Tom Perez.
2. On the Division of Labor, she labored on varied points, together with worker engagement, wage and hour, honest pay, workforce growth, immigration.
3. She graduated from Boston School Legislation Faculty. She earned her bachelor’s diploma from Brown College, United States.
4. She is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Affiliation which is a voluntary and non-profit bar affiliation in Massachusetts, United States.
5. She additionally headed the Workplace of Particular Counsel (OSC) for Immigration-Associated Unfair Employment Practices within the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Division of Justice.
6. Earlier than becoming a member of OSC, Nanda served on the Nationwide Labor Relations Board’s Division of Recommendation as an legal professional and supervisory legal professional.
7. She turned the primary Indian-American to be appointed because the CEO of the Democratic Nationwide Committee (DNC) in 2018 and said, “We’re preventing for the soul of our nation – for our democracy and for our alternative.”
8. In 2020, she introduced her resolution to step down because the CEO of the Democratic Nationwide Committee, forward of the US presidential elections in November. She didn’t give causes for leaving the highest place within the celebration. She introduced in a tweet, “After two years, I shall be stepping down as CEO of the DNC. I couldn’t be prouder of the infrastructure now we have constructed, the first course of now we have run, and the workforce now we have constructed.”
After two years, I shall be stepping down as CEO of the DNC. I couldn’t be prouder of the infrastructure now we have constructed, the first course of now we have run, and the workforce now we have constructed. I look ahead to persevering with the combat for our democracy and to elect Democrats in all places.
— Seema Nanda (@SeemaNanda) April 24, 2020
9. Nanda is an eminent member of the board of administrators of many nonprofits.
10. In July, after listening to Biden in AAPI (Asian People and Pacific Islanders) digital occasion, Nanda wrote on Twitter, “Listening to VP Biden, this AAPI Digital occasion with @AndrewYang, @SenDuckworth, and @RepJudyChu is the therapeutic balm I didn’t know I wanted. Think about the therapeutic we are able to start in our nation in November’s election.”
Listening to VP Biden, this AAPI Digital occasion with @AndrewYang, @SenDuckworth and @RepJudyChu is the therapeutic balm I didn’t know I wanted. Think about the therapeutic we are able to start in our nation in November’s election. pic.twitter.com/u9sZMGxcRH
— Seema Nanda (@SeemaNanda) July 7, 2020
Sagrika Giri is an intern with SheThePeople.TV