American agency Lockheed Martin on Friday shared the primary image of the MH-60 Romeo multi-role helicopter for the Indian Navy in Indian colors. India has positioned orders for twenty-four of those helicopters below a authorities to authorities deal. The helicopters can be acquired at a price of $2 billion. India has been in want of those formidable anti-submarine hunter helicopters for greater than a decade now.
MH-60 Romeo multi-role helicopter for India | All that you must know
- The MH-60 Romeo deal is anticipated to have an offset requirement. Sources indicated that India plans to observe up this pressing requirement with a long-term plan to fabricate 123 of those helicopters in India.
- At the moment deployed with the US Navy as the first anti-submarine warfare anti-surface weapon system for open ocean and littoral zones, Lockheed Martin’s MH-60R Seahawk helicopter is taken into account the world’s most superior maritime helicopter.
- In response to business consultants, it’s the most succesful naval helicopter out there right now designed to function from frigates, destroyers, cruisers and plane carriers.
- MH-60 Romeo Seahawks would add deadly capabilities of the Indian Navy, which consultants say is the necessity of the hour given the aggressive habits of China within the Indian Ocean area.
- Lockheed over time has emerged as a significant American provider of state-of-the-art defence navy gear.
- With this Seahawk deal the general US-India protection commerce will surpass USD 20 billion.
- In response to US Naval Air System Command, the MH-60R Seahawk missions are anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare, surveillance, communications relay, fight search and rescue, naval gunfire help and logistics help.
- Because the Navy’s subsequent technology submarine hunter and anti-surface warfare helicopter, the MH-60R Seahawk is taken into account to be the cornerstone of the Navy’s Helicopter Idea of Operations.
- The MH-60R and its mission methods have changed the US naval fleet’s legacy SH-60B and SH-60F plane.