D Journal is hiring an internet arts editor to handle the FrontRow section of the website. The job is two-pronged: you’ll dive into Dallas tradition, turning into a trusted voice on visible artwork, music, dance, theater, tv, and extra. Additionally, you will assist our readers discover the most effective issues to do within the metropolis — streaming, for now, however ultimately in-person, as soon as it’s secure to assemble. The job requires reporting, writing, and modifying. Along with your individual tales, you’ll handle freelancers who contribute to the part. There will likely be alternatives so that you can work on longer narrative and repair tasks, as nicely. The place will likely be positioned in downtown Dallas however carried out remotely till it’s secure to return to the workplace. The job is full time, with advantages. We will likely be accepting purposes by means of Monday, January 11, 2021.
- Report, edit, and assign tales to maintain the FrontRow part energetic and updated
- Handle weekly occasions listings in our Issues to Do web page and within the month-to-month print Agenda
- Occasional work on longform narrative and repair items
- Handle a secure of freelance contributors
- Write and ship a weekly publication targeted on Dallas arts and occasions
- Develop headlines, subheds, picture captions, and different show kind
The Abilities We’re Wanting For:
- At the very least two to 3 years of expertise reporting and/or line modifying for print or on-line (might be time spent freelancing)
- Can handle freelancers and stability your individual reporting and writing
- Wanting to work in a collaborative surroundings
- Terrific with language, a robust voice
- Familiarity with search engine optimization greatest practices
- Should have a ardour for, and ideally data of, Dallas arts and tradition
The way to Apply:
- Ship a résumé, cowl letter, and not more than 5 clips to [email protected]. Please kind “FrontRow Editor Utility” into the topic line.